View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #35
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
Funny, I had a look at the first book of the series when I was 16 years old or so. It didn't interest me at the time, I don't know why – I'll give it another look, maybe it will appeal to me now, thanks.

I've downloaded the books and will try them, thank you.

I've read the description on Amazon and it sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

I'll have a look at her works and already downloaded some sample chapters, thanks.
I was a sysop on CompuServe's LITFORUM, and Diana Gabaldon was a member. It was very fun to read her works in progress and actively discuss and debate her ideas on plot and character and background information. Plus she was uproariously funny, and merciless when it came to critiquing others works. A few LITFORUM members became minor characters in the book.

Such a community could not exist today, I think. I suppose a private, members only forum for writers, supported by subscription... I've tried, with various and limited degrees of success.

Patricia, if you're reading... you remind me of her. The same intellect, vast knowledge, and sly, subtle humor.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote