View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I should add this: I've realized it's not just centering that's an issue in Nook and Aldiko display. Both of them want to indent every first line, so if you want a paragraph that begins flush-left, it's not enough not to have an indentation specification; you have to positively specify 0 indent.
Using my <p> code from my post above, use this...

Code:
.noindent {
text-indent: 0
}
And the code in the XML for the first paragraph after the chapter heading(s) is...

Code:
<p class"noindent">Text for the paragraph with no indent.</p>
There is nothing at all wrong with specifying a text-indent of 0 where needed.

Oh and lets put in a body CSS style...

Code:
body {
widows: 0;
orphans: 0;
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
text-align: justify
}
You will have to replace all the <body class="calibre"> to <body> in every XML file. The widows and orphans being 0 will make it look better to most people as the screen pages will end at the same place in most cases.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote