View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I certainly prefer non-DRM books and will choose a copy from a non-DRM vendor (e.g. Smashwords) over the same title DRM-ed from Amazon, even if the formatting is kind of messed up.

But I don't automatically exclude DRM-ed books from consideration, if that's what's available and I really and truly want to buy a copy in e-book format.

However, in order for me to purchase the DRM-ed version, it would have to have a cheapness like unto dirt and I'd have to be able to strip whatever DRM was being used. Or completely unavailable through other means, including the darknet and affordable second-hand paper copies.

Or I'd just have to click the wrong button when downloading what I thought would be a sample from Amazon and have it go directly to my credit card so that I'd lose out on the currency conversion if I returned and refunded it.

Oh well. At least it's something I was more-or-less vaguely interested in, was cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else according to Inkmesh, and I've managed to read three free promo/library books from one of the authors at no cost to myself, so I don't mind so much if she finally gets paid for this one.

But you can bet I'll be more paranoid about the damn 1-click button and padding my account with gift certificates now.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote