View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #72
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
Excellent info. Just wondering if this is going to lead into rooting and removing the unecessary apps?
Since the recovery image in partition 2 doesn't have to be signed, you can modify it any way you want, including adding "su" to /system/bin and "Superuser.apk" to /system/app. You can download those here.

When removing the unnecessary apps, be aware that removing some combination of Kobo ones causes the Vox to do a factory restore a few boots later (I think it's OTAServer.apk, but I haven't narrowed it down). I had wanted to remove all of the Kobo stuff, but I've settled for just getting rid of the Twitter, Facebook and "INQ" apps. Also, if you get rid of Kobo.apk itself, you can sideload a newer version of the Kobo app (the store says that it's not compatible with the Vox, but I downloaded it on a different tablet and brought the apk over).

I put more info here.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote