View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
Woekie
Woekie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Thanks everyone for responding. Now I know I'm not overly sensitive and the screen really doesn't look as good as it schould. I didn't buy it at Amazon, but at a Dutch website: www.easereader.nl . I should be able to return it to them, I think. Maybe even Amazon will exange it, now that they have the international model. I'm going to think about it over the weekend.
According to Dutch consumer law you should be able to return anything you bought over the internet within a week after you got it, no questions asked.

Me and my friend each got a PW from the Waterstones store in Amsterdam and they are both perfect. One screen is a little more yellowish/warmer than the other, but no colour blotches or light leaking whatsoever. We both love them, it's such an improvement over the K Keyboard. Both are from the 502 series, so maybe that shop has a good batch. You could consider getting one there, if you prefer a shop in you own country that you can go back to if something is wrong.
You will get the Waterstones screensaver instead of the official Amazon ones (and no special offers), but with a sleepcover you hardly ever see it.
It is a little more expensive though than ordering directly from Amazon, for reasons that are beyond me, and Amazon customer service is rumoured to be quite good, even from Holland (I never needed it).

Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited by Woekie; 01-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Woekie is offline   Reply With Quote