View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #374
Kitty1221
Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox, pocketbook, 9.7" e-screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I haven't read Hawhills code in a while but I don't think the pixel will make a difference.

If i remember correctly is just estimates the width. Of course it may not work at all anyway. There are no guarantees. I would guess Yes.

Regarding Windows 8. It (The Home Edition) locks down your machine to just running thing you buy from the Windows Store (I think) so there is no way on earth I would even have it given to me. Much less run it on my computer.

the Freescale cpu should be fine.

It's a gamble. Possibly an expensive one. I can't make any promises.
But the Windows 8 you can just put in the bin as far as developers are concerned.

(and Yes I do own a copy of Visual Studio 2012 that I would need to build windows Metro products, it is still in "the wrapper" and will stay that way forever unless something radically changes in Microsoft's attitude to running code)
Hi Mr. Twobob

Thank you for your reply.
I see.. it's a gamble
And found out my Windows 8 is Home Edition...
The PC manufacturer doesnt support the downgrade to 7 so I am now thinking of doing it by myself. My Hardware specs are intel corei7, 16RAM so it should work but seems like I need to get the drivers for Windows 7?

And in regard with Kindle DX, maybe I should get this one that seems only available eBay as the Amazon is not manufacturing this model any longer. So first I try to hack the Onyx and if I fail then I would just simply buy the used Kindle DX.

Ahhh VERY LONG WAY to get the e-ink pc monitor for my eyes..

Thank you for reading
Kitty1221 is offline   Reply With Quote