View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
iPhone has been voted "worst phone" ever by NYT - and I agree.
Do you have a link for that? I did a quick Google and it only threw up that old CNET piece - the one where they complained about call quality, carrier coverage etc.. etc.. but still managed to call it the "best handheld computer there is". Did you manage to exchange yours without too many problems, or are you stuck on a contract?

Quote:
And actually, their iPhone sales aren't really that good. Siemens ICM did drop out of business with similar figures...
Perhaps that says more about Siemens than Apple? This piece suggests that Apple are making more money on iPhones than HP do on PC sales - a lot more - which is partly due, of course, to a general trend away from PCs as the 'PC business' steps into maturity/old age, but interesting nonetheless.

I'll be very interested in what HP do in the tablet space over the coming year or two, especially with the acquisition of Palm. But I'll probably be buying an iPad because it seems to be able to do what I want, well enough, to be worthwhile. And if it doesn't, then I'm sure it'll be just fine as a big iPod.

Cheers, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote