View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNorrish View Post
Apparently individual devices are associated with a particular affiliate by a hardware (or possibly firmware?) level DeveiceID that the desktop client looks up when you register the device.
This makes a lot of sense, since there's a revenue sharing element with bookstore partners.

It's got me thinking... I normally buy my Kobo devices from bookstores, but when I recently got my Kobo Glo I got it from Best Buy because they got it in significantly sooner than Chapters/Coles did locally. Are they just selling it as an unaffiliated device and Kobo gets all the revenues, or does Best Buy/Future Shop get a share? Because I buy a lot of books from Kobo, and it would be my preference not to share any of that revenue with BB/FS.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote