Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Do you mean the top portion of the homescreen? It seems to work with FBreader; but so does my stock homescreen?

Screensaver idea goes straight to the list of things to fix
I have code which could be called from any reader application which makes top portion of the screen as well as standby screen and book lists to work properly (Morkl, let me know if interested). At the moment I am looking on how to integrate this with CoolReader, I am sure this could be done with FB2Reader as well. The reason why reader application needs to follow some rules and it can not be done properly just in home page or content manager code is rather simple - you could open new book from inside of reading application completely bypassing Sony's code.

The reason why it looks like top portion of the home screen (and sometimes standby screen) is working is also rather simple - when book is selected via home page existing code updates last reading time in the database. When book is launched from book lists (content manager) - last reading time is not updated at all. During reboot (or when book is opened in the stock reader) standby screen is reconstructed on the fly from last reading time (there is no file to write). So you will see some really inconsistent screen saver behavior (applicable for "new" icon too).

I also have content manager (EbookContentManager.apk) which properly understands FB2 format (thumbnails and meta information) so maybe we should combine the efforts somewhat?