View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Very nice, and very intriguing for those who want to read on their device, but are willing to buy the paper book and destroy it. That sounds great for flea market used books. There are also a lot of old books that I have and don't read partly because I don't like the dusty old book smell, which often gives me a headache.

And your success brings lots of questions...

* Does it have OCR capabilities with included software also?
* What settings did you use for the Sony Reader?
* Could you have done it to get larger text, say 18pt Times New Roman?
* How does it handle misfeeds, and how often do they happen?

Also, did you see the previous post by Studio717 about how Kinko's will do the cut for you.. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1452#post41452

I think someone else mentioned it also with a price (the cutting fee, I mean), but I don't remember.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote