View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Books not showing when transfered to PW

When I first purchased my PW a few months ago, I noticed that many of the books which I sideloaded onto the device weren't showing up. These were books which I'd downloaded from Amazon or from sites such as MR. I sideload because I have no wifi.

During the warm weather I've got the urge to read more than I have been doing lately, so decided to load more books onto my Kindle. When I hooked the kindle up to my pc, I was shocked to see that I'd already put many books on it, but only 14 were showing.

These were a mixture of public domain books and some downloaded from Amazon. They were showing as in folders with the format .sdr. I looked inside the folders, they all contain two items with the format .mbp1 and .mbs.
I don't know what any of these formats mean. I tried taking them out of the folders and just putting the folder contents into the 'documents' part of the kindle, but this didn't work either.

What can I do about this please? Surely I shouldn't have to convert something which has come from Amazon?

Thanks for any advice.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote