Thread: Book length
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #39
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
As far as book length I think it often runs along the same lines of what Mozart (Tom Hulce) said in the movie 'Amadeus' when someone said there were too many notes in a piece of his music. He said, "I have used just as many as were needed, neither more nor less" and I think the same applies to the number of pages in a book. The author uses that number of pages which are necessary to tell his/her story, neither more nor less than that. Besides with a longer story you get to see a writer's craft at its best I think. Anyone could throw together a short story or a novella but to put together a 600 + page novel that keeps its focus and develops its story properly is another thing. And besides as mentioned already with ebook tech. you don't notice the additional heft of a longer book. It's not unwhieldy to carry due to being too thick either. The modern ereader makes all books equal in that way I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote