View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #124
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Alright, with the help of NiLuJe, bhaak, and varnie, I think I found a solution for most of the issues we're having.

I have packaged a new version of libfreetype.so. As far as I can see, this fixes the following issues:
  • blank (completely empty) fonts don't occur anymore -- at least for me.
  • actual font sizes of different fonts are much more homogeneous
  • even the blanket screens (USB connected/update/restart messages) are now using the configured sans-serif font.

Download is here. Install/uninstall as usual. You may get weird behavior right after installation/uninstallation (I don't know why that is). Simply restart the Kindle once or twice more in that case.

Note that it is not an absolute requirement to install this. The Kindle and the Font hack app will obviously still work if it's not installed, but with a few known flaws.
thanks for the solution. the freetype font engine does solve most of the problems you mentioned. but it seems that a new problem has cropped up. Now the Condensed font doesn't work anymore. Please see these screen captures. The font for Regular and Condensed are the same. is it possible that it is caused by the freetype font engine.

the same old problem of no Condensed selection on the Font Hack menu is still there. not sure if it is again hidden because of the space constraint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-11T15_49_47-0000.gif
Views:	676
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	83759   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-11T15_49_37-0000.gif
Views:	668
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	83760   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-11T16_42_14-0000.gif
Views:	725