View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Kenny: I can do it. The math is pretty much "canned" in a few files; I have written the framework to drive this sort of thing before so its not new to me either and actually gives me a chance to correct some....less than optimal shall we say design decisions I made in earlier incarnations. Aside from the pressure, the doubters and the fact that I am the only one who knows how it works (which means I gotta do it all myself and keep it all in my head), the part I like the least is the fact that I have to interface with some seriously crufty code to get it all done. On the upside, it gives me a chance to play with OpenMP (always worked with more invasive tools like Intel Thread Building Blocks and the dedicated multicore libs in PS3) which is fun. That said, I do not relish the idea of another deathmarch, no matter how cool/fun/whatever the project is. I gotta figure out how to make it fun or I will probably cop an attitude before its done/delivered. I am getting too old for this crap.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote