View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Is there a way around the Sony software?

I used the sony software only for a couple of weeks after purchasing my 505 months ago. After discovering Calibre's superiority, I began using it exclusively for managing my books.

The problem is that on occaision when I plug my 505 in it automatically launches the Sony software, which immediately begins to try and sync. This has made a mess of things on occaision and required me to use the "fix disk" on my reader to stop it from being in endless format mode.

I still purchase books from the Sony ebook store and the only way I know to log in is through their software. Is there another way to purchase Sony ebooks? Can I disable the auto launch?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote