View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
First, do you have the option to restore from backup? If so you might want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Froggy View Post
I have been moving my DB from my DD to a server. But my son touched my MacBook during the process.
DD???? Server????

As Dopedangel stated find the metadata.db file. This has the information about your library. Not the books, but the metadata that describe each book.

Next find your physical library. The library will be a series of folders named for each author inside your main library folder.

Calibre Library folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder

Make sure all of your folders have been copied to the new location.

Copy the metadata.db file to the root of this library

Calibre Library folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
metadata.db

Now point calibre to this folder (in the above example Calibre Library) and you should have your library. If it looks ok and you can call up books, great. Now you might want to run Library Maintenance.

I don't have a Mac so I can't be more specific.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote