View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #96
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I just started with the next.imp ebook for the EBW1150 and choose the third link (test1), fourth (test2), fifth (test3 - sometimes unresponsive), test10 (sometimes resets)...

I think it has to do with local/internal ram being used up and the EBW1150 crashing when a subsequent (unpredictable) page gets served up [which uses up all available ram]. Just pure speculation here; no hard facts!
Well, I'd appreciate it if someone could quantify it i.e. this site causes problems, or after loading HTML pages of XXX size the ebookwise resets or crashes, etc. Else we will not be able to use the internet browsing feature for the 1150 productively

Quote:
You and Kovid discussed this over a year ago (for PDFRead) and finally we seem to be getting there (for ebookutils)! Good news!

No pressure here, but what about PDFRead being assimulated...
Nope, at that point I was discussing integrating the 1100-related features, and this time it covers that and ebookutils. PDFRead was mentioned, but in a kind of "wouldn't it be great..." speculation. Assuming we get the design right, all kinds of conversion tools can be plugged into the pipeline (including PDFRead).

Please note that Calibre is NOT assimulating ebookutils or PDFRead: all we're discussing is a framework for providing plugins to do conversion tasks. Calibre will include some sample tool profiles for ebookutils, rbmake, etc. which can get activated if they're present and call the tools for doing the conversion tasks.

Quote:
I wrote (more like adapted) a plugin for impserve to force webpages to display in the smallest font, where possible.

This could be better tailored to make specific webpages work properly by adjusting some 'class' within a 'div'. Oh, well this is my first go with this idea. In essence, this is a proof-of-concept of a sorts that users can contribute and extend impserve's effectiveness!
Great to see you joining the club, and contributing with a plugin! I hope that you can continue with the plugin you mentioned that you were planning to develop

Quote:
run impserve as usual (I issue "run.py -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9090 shelf" from within a .bat file that I double-click. Yes, I'm lazy!)
You can directly double click on run.py and it will work, as long as the shelf directory is in the same directory tree -- all the command line switches are optional.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote