View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Smashwords Direct (bypass Meatgrinder) by the end of 2012

I know there are some people here who really detest Smashwords' Meatgrinder, so I thought this might be of interest:

From the Smashwords blog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashwords Blog
To accommodate the books from these ebook design pros, we'll offer a Meatgrinder bypass option called Smashwords Direct by the end of 2012. That means it's coming but it's not immediately imminent. Even when we offer that service, I expect most authors will still choose the Meatgrinder route because it's faster, cheaper and, well, simpler.
Full post: http://blog.smashwords.com/2011/11/i...le-ebooks.html

It doesn't say whether the Direct option will take an ePub and use that to convert to the other formats, or if authors using Direct will have to upload their own ePub, Mobi, etc files. I'm guessing it's the latter.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote