View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #370
Nitehood
Nitehood began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell30Bell View Post
There is a lot to like about the Bluefire app: being able to easily load eBooks through iTunes; Recent/Title/Author sort ability; font size; background colour etc but for now I will be sticking to Txtr. Despite the tiresome process for loading eBooks and the removal of the sort function with the last upgrade, the one function I do like with the Txtr app is the ability to edit the title and author details of the eBooks once on the device. This is something that Bluefire does not (yet?) have. I like to be able to have all of my eBooks in reading order, for example with Lee Child's Jack Reacher series I will edit the title of the books to include JR and then a numerical number to indicate which book in the series it is, and will insert this before the title of the book. That way, when the books are sorted by author, the list will be in reading order. It also enables me to load anthologies several times if I want each story within the anthology to be listed under each authors names.
I agree. The best book/pdf reader for me is one that lets me put the books in reading order and create collections. I like to have my magazines in a different shelf than my mystery books or SciFi, etc. I would like to have seperate bookshelves for each, and perhaps separate series with in.

~nitehood
Nitehood is offline   Reply With Quote