View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Any device with a glass screen is going to potentially break. You need to be careful. IMO, the best thing you can do is get a good protective cover for it (not the sleeve that it comes with). iRex sells one, but it's a little pricey. M-Edge has one that seems fairly good, but it has some issues with covering up buttons. Personally, I use the iRex one and have been very happy with it.

From what I've seen so far, the DR1000 and DR800 both seem much better than the iLiad. I think the iLiads have some structural problems that make them especially susceptible to breakage issues. The DR devices seem (so far) to be a lot better designed/constructed. There have been a couple reports of broken screens with them, but nowhere near the problem it used to be with the iLiad.

As Mickey330 says, the DRs don't seem to be any worse than other devices with similar screens.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote