View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ooh, yep. i remember green pixelly text on black screens, and no mouse.

i remember writing letters with a pen on paper (i remember that really well actually, since i also remember being an excellent correspondant. sadly those days are apparently gone...). i don't remember stamps being less than 10 cts but i remember them being much less than now.

i remember telephones with cords, and how the curly cords always got hopelessly tangled up and you had to unplug one end and let it twirl until it was more or less untangled.

i remember also the early days of portable phones. france just went from 8 digit phone numbers to 10 digits ; they added a 2-digit prefix which depended on the geographical region. 01 for paris, and 02-05 for approximately each quarter of the country. one day somebody was giving me their telephone number : "06..." and i looked at them in astonishment : "where do you live ???" heh. 06 is the prefix for mobile phone numbers, even now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote