View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
DDHarriman said:
2 - I wanted a second reader. Besides the famous idea of “what is better then one eBook reader? Two eBook readers!”, I know that I do not want to be without a reader if something goes wrong. I really do not want to be reader(less) if I have to send my Cybook to be repaired or something like that. And we all know… tech stuff just dies… and dies like that, normally without a warning!

Your #2 is the #1 reason that I bought a 2nd reader. The Kindle arrived on October 30th and December 1st, my worst fear had come to fruition, I needed to send my PRS505 to Sony for service! But, now I had the kindle; not that I did not miss my Sony the 2 weeks I was without it but it really gave me a chance to get to know my Kindle. It would have been a torturous 2 weeks if I did not have a 2nd reader. I've only bought 3 paper books since December 2007 and 290 ebooks from that time period. I would advise anyone with extra funds to get their 2 favorites. Another plus is having multi formats without conversion and that Amazon store and prices are a bonus!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote