Thread: Kobo Wifi specs
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JexMcByte View Post
I was always afraid of the contrast. I have some trouble reading when the contrast is not that good. Like sometimes, in comics books, when the ballon is dark red and the text is written in black. This I can't read most of the times unless the ambient light is very good. Not sure if it's because my astigatism that is high or because I stay in front of a computer screen all day or just because I'm not 20 anymore
and in these cases, and I hate to say this, you might be better off with something that has an LCD screen rather than e-ink. e-Ink was specifically designed for paper like reading of black letters on "white" background. I've looked at some of the covers I have and there are a bunch that it's dark writing on a dark background and I could see myself having problems seeing that in low light conditions (specifically, I'm looking at the cover of Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Force: Precipice. The series title is red on a black background and while I can make it out in good light, it drops significantly as light quality drops. I wouldn't mind seeing it on the kindle 3 to compare. But in any case, I don't really think e-ink devices will be viable for comics or books with a lot of complex images until color e-ink is available.

just my opinion of course
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote