Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #104
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One of my gripes (yes I know I have many) is the support or lack there of for the common fractions. It's challenging to read a cook book without them present, so I took the test eBook and added 9 fractions to it; ⅛ ¼ ⅓ ⅜ ½ ⅝ ⅔ ¾ ⅞
The situation is a little nicer with kepub.epubs. There, characters not supported by the selected font get automatically supplied by another font that supports them, provided there is one on the system. To my understanding the device chooses the alphabetically first font that supports the respective character for replacement font. Since FW 2.4.0 the two Japanese fonts have moved up in the alphabetical order (because of the prefix A-OTF). Therefore, and since these two fonts support a wide range of characters, they become easily the replacement fonts. The drawback is that these two fonts do not adjust well to the size of the selected font, cf. this post, point 2.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote