View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I thought each Kindle had it's own email address.
It does, or at least has. I can still send to my kindles at the address I set for each way back when, but can't edit these now; nor can I set them for the Kindle on pre-order.

I think MYK is broken at the moment, you should be able to set the Kindle email address somehow. No doubt because of the Personal Documents feature which seems to be a work in progress (though it seems to have resulted in this regression).

Maybe they are in the process of changing the mailbox naming convention somehow so there aren't so many name collisions when people try to set a new one that conflicts with one of the millions of existing ones. Though honestly, that is not an easy problem to solve without some loss of the anonymity generally expected of an email address.

But it is odd that it's been broken for so long. Think I'll shoot ACS an email...

BTW you can turn off cloud archiving of personal documents if you find it evil. I'm looking forward to it myself (in fact have been asking Amazon for this feature).

Last edited by tomsem; 10-03-2011 at 09:53 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote