View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sounds normal to me. PDF is not a good ebook format.

PDF is excellent if you want to reproduce exactly the original look and layout of printed material. It's terrible if you want to change the font size or reflow the text in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanByk View Post
Hi,

A couple of days ago I bought my first ebook in pdf format (Robert Harris, Pompeij) and the layout, frankly is appalling. On the Small font settings on my 505 it is virtually unreadable. The font is super tiny and there is a lot of space between the text and the left and right side of the screen. When I zoom in to medium font settings, it doesn't seem to recalculate the page breaks. Now the font is large enough for me to read it, but I always get a full page, followed by half a page. I also noted that the page numbers at the bottom stay the same on both of these two pages.

Is this common with pdfs? It is a rather unpleasent reading experience and I am annoyed because I paid money for it. By the way, I bought the book from BooksAboutEverything.
Thanks
Robert
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote