View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The problem is that the publishers would see each of the people she loaned it to as a lost sale. In reality, chances are, most of the people she loaned it to wouldn't have bought it, so it's not a lost sale, but it IS exposure for the author and if they liked the loaned book, perhaps they'll buy another book by that author.
I get it, I was just trying to think like the publishers might be. I don't think they see things that way.

Quote:
Like some other posters have mentioned, I'm much more likely to buy a book if it's DRM-free and, out of respect for the publisher, I won't loan/copy the book. I'm less likely to buy a DRM'd book (unless I really want it and can remove the DRM) and, while I still wouldn't loan/copy it, my inhibitions about doing so are lower...
Yes, however the general ebook reading public I was describing don't usually even know what DRM is or understand it. DRM means nothing when it comes to their decision to buy or not. Until they run into problems from it at least.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote