View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #37
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I ran a similar poll in the Nook forum and it returned very similar results. About 30% of users had expressed dissatisfaction serious enough to return their device. IMO the Nook lighted-screen design flaws are real and documented and serious enough to dissuade purchasing. I see no reason to treat the PW differently. Frankly, I am surprised to see the PW screen has garnered an equal level of customer dissatisfaction. It seems the wisest possible move at the moment for the user wishing to upgrade to lighted-screen tech is to wait. There is the Kobo, I suppose, but I must admit I wasn't that impressed with the device. Add to that that the light's dimmest setting is too bright, and really, one is left with little choice but to wait and see at the moment. I do appreciate that Amazon has a good returns policy, but the poll does strongly suggest the tech is not mature. There are a number of other factors I don't like about Amazon, so for now the PW gets a thumbs-down from me. At the moment there are no e-readers I want to upgrade too. Still waiting.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote