Thread: Onyx Boox i86
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 03:51 AM   #401
KnuX
KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KnuX writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
You can try newer 1.7.3_0949b01 from onyx forum.
On 1.7.3rc1 I [...] don't notice about "Screen backlight turns back on after 5-10 minutes whenever device is left on standby with wifi left on".
To resolve skype problem you can try "Mono bluetooth router" from app store.
It's strange that you don't have the screen backlight problem on 1.7.3rc1, I've had it with 1.7.1, 1.7.2, and now 1.7.3. And I've had to do a reset after every upgrade due to play services blowing up so It's not even a leftover configuration.

That's why I'm not really thrilled about testing random versions from Onyx's forum, a clean wipe every time, even with titanium backup, takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
To resolve skype problem you can try "Mono bluetooth router" from app store.
Did not know about the app, thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't really solve the skype issue, as I still can't use the microphone from the bluetooth headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompop View Post
On 1.7.3 holding down left(back) button bring up menu. holding down right(forward) button refresh the screen. It is not in the change log though. I found that out accidentally.
You are right! Thanks, I'll go update the bug report. But yeah I wish Onyx had a decent changelog for these arbitrary things... Or even have this configurable. If I had a settings panel that previously said "Refresh: left" and now it changed to "Refresh: right" this would be pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivak View Post
Perhaps I am overlooking something... but is it possible to display a book I was reading with Moonreader in the standard widget on the main page ?
The way I workaround this so that I get the books I'm reading in the "now reading" is by opening the book once with onyx's app, but still setting the open with to moon reader. This way you get the books, but obviously the stats will always list you as being on the first page.
KnuX is offline   Reply With Quote