View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Question MobileRead Biased?

Ok so maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.
But I just happened to really look at the way the various reader forums are organized.

Top of the list, the iRex digitalReader, then the iRex iLiad, followed by 2 sony forums. One for the sony PRS-300, PRS-600, PRS-700 and PRS-900, and a seperate forum for 500/505.

At this point, the listing goes into what appears to be alphabetical listing.
With the Amazon Kindle, the Bookeen Cybook, and the B&N Nook.

At which point it quickly drops back out of alphabetical sorting.
With the Astak EZReader forum, the HanLin eBook, and PocketBook 301, 302 and 360.

Then we have the new Interead Cooler forum, followed by the Jetbook.

Now if they were all just arranged in order as the forums were added, that would make a certain amount of sence. Yet the Cooler forum was added after the Jetbook forum. Yet it is situated above the Jetbook.

Or if they were all aranged in simple alphabetical order that would be ok.
But if your going to do that then please list the Jetbook forum as the "Ectaco Jetbook".
So it gains the same advantage as the "Amazon Kindle".

So which is it? Alphabetical? By date of forum creation?
Or a bit of creative juggling in order to please who ever created it this way?

Not trying to pick a fight with the higher ups at Mobile Read, but poking a bit of fun at them might be in order. Kind of on the order of "oops your Ereader bias is showing"

And I'm sure I'll get flamed for this. But hey its cold up here in Dakota, bring it on.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote