View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Annnndddd ... Another Footnote Question

I can understand using square brackets to offset "inline" reference notes, and most times that works really well.

What do you do when the author makes lots of parenthetical remarks of his own using both parentheses and square brackets? Adding an asterisk to the reference notes doesn't seem to make them display with enough difference to the author's narrative remarks. And maybe it's just me, but curly brackets look kind of cluttered in among all the other notes.

Or am I being too nit-picky again?

What would you do? Inline notes with Curly Brackets, or End Notes?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote