View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #119
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
My 2 cents...

While I admitted that the light it is not even at the bottom (even mentioned it at my Amazon's review) I am quite happy with my Kindle.

I do not know if mine is a good unit or maybe I am not too picky like others, but my Kindle PW fills a niche very well: ability to read in very dark rooms without external light and using a eink screen.
I've never tried a Mighty Brite book light, mainly because the ones I've seen were too heavy or eat up with a bad case of the uglies, but I have tried many brands, some of which were better than others, and from my experience, despite the shortcomings of the PW and despite its not quite living up to the hype, none of these external lights have satisfied me as much as the built in lights of the Paperwhite. It's nowhere near perfect, but it will do until perfect comes along. In sunlight or under a reading lamp it's just as good as any other Kindle. But in a dark room the other Kindles are much harder to read, unless you've had cat eye transplant surgery. I can live with a small but noticeable amount of blotchiness and unevenness while using the light.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-14-2012 at 11:09 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote