View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #92
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesler View Post
I'm still pissed at you, Kobo. But damn, the mini is sexy. And a high-res 6" display on something besides the ill-fated iRiver Story HD? Hmmm.
Important to note that Kobo Glo's display is Pearl E-ink, 1024x758, this screen is not publicly available yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWright View Post
If I was looking to upgrade today, I would definitely be looking at these over the Amazon offerings. Just not a fan of the Amazon cloud ecosystem.

Sticking point for me (and I admit to not looking at the specs yet) is does Kobo handle B&N's DRM'd epubs? I have many files for my NOOK at the moment that I don't want to lose. Or would I have to use Calibre and the various plug-ins to get those files to work? Totally doable, but I like the least hassles possible.
We do use the latest RMSDK, but I do not know if we have this turned on. If it is not turned on, I will make sure supporting it on our side is put on our roadmap. Unfortunately won't be able to share a schedule, but at least it will get on the todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Is it etched in the plastic? Is it removable? I'm sorry to be stuck on this point, but aesthetics are important to me. I know it could be hidden by a case, but the fact I know it's there would be hard to overcome.
The quilt is created with grooves a couple millimeters thick etched into the back of the device. On Glo, the back is not removable. On Mini, the back is removable and we will have a variety of backs available as replacements. I will check to see if there are any plans for a non-quilted back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The new Kindles are a bust for me, so now I want to see the Kobo Mini. That one's a definite possibility if it'll fit in my shirt pocket comfortably.
I have tested this myself and happy to say that it works for my front shirt pockets. Not all shirt pockets are created equal, so your experience may vary. However, Kobo Mini is IMO the most pocketable ereader on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post
On another note, do Kobo readers work with Dropbox? I've searched the forums and found some posts suggesting that they do, but it's not entirely clear to me.
Not yet. You could try through the experimental browser, I have not tried myself yet, but I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Something I haven't seen anywhere yet: is there likely to be any problem using sideloaded fonts on the Kobo Glo? I wouldn't have thought so, but I wanted to check.
No, no problem using sideloaded fonts. The only limitation is that sideloaded fonts will not be able to take advantage of TypeGenius as our preloaded fonts do.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote