View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #15131
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Mieville is my favourite author, but even I struggled with Kraken. I think it took me close to a month to finish it. That's not to say I didn't like it - I did. But at the same time I found it a difficult and slow read.

Out of all of his books, it's probably the one I've liked least.
He's a bit of a strange one, that's for sure. I think his work varies more than most writers, and disliking one book isn't a good reason to dismiss all of his stuff (and vice versa).

I didn't much like Perdido Street Station, and it put me off trying anything else by him, until I had to read The City & the City because it won a Hugo, and then Embassytown when it was nominated last year. I really liked both of those, and there isn't a lot common to all three.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote