View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
How do I update the version of a Kindle book?

I read on Kindle 4 PC.
I 'bought' a kindle book (actually, this was a $0 cost offer), and the book had some serious formatting problems. Since this was noted by a number of people, I sent an email to the author through the author's website. I received a reply from the author, telling me that he'd spent a fair amount of time correcting the errors and had submitted a corrected version.
So, a couple of days later I tried removing the book file from My Kindle Content folder on my PC, and downloading the book again. Unfortunately, the new download still has the format problems. Since I have every reason to believe that there IS a corrected version, is there a method to get that version? I'm obviously not sure of the proper way to do this.
I know I've seen some discussion about this somewhere on MR, but I've been searching for it for a couple of days....
Thanks,
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote