View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
So I was wondering if it were possible if someone was interested in making a plugin that would open an epub, run a series of find/replace operations on the css and xpgt files within and repackage the epub -- basically an "automated" Tweak Epub feature.
Good old Palmy North eh? Grew up near Stratford in Taranaki myself...

I don't have a need for such a plugin myself but I can understand the issue and technically there is no great difficulty. One question that comes to mind if someone was to assist you with writing it is the nature of the find/replace operations and how those are specified. Could you get away with substituting an entire css file? Or do you substitute just specific styles? Maybe if you could list (as an example) all of the substitutions you do currently that you require, put them either in an attachment or spoiler section for someone to take a look at.

If the find/replace operations are quite complex then you are probably going to want them specified using regular expressions for instance.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote