View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Alright, frustrated by the lack of support of Media Overlays in flowable EPUB 3 ebooks in iBooks, I wrote my own JS to emulate MO support on Apple's app.

I will release the JS soon with a complete example, I just need some time to polish the code a bit and add some init options.

Features (all at user's will) include:
1) autostart
2) assign CSS class to both active and paused SMIL element (possibly different, see the video)
3) a tap (or $n taps, with $n decided by the user) outside text fragments will pause/resume MO rendition or stop it and clear highlight

You can get the flavour from this video (apologies for the shaky hand): http://www.albertopettarin.it/misc/ttp.mp4
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote