View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #26
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Excellent idea, Haridasi.

I'd also recommend mentioning the ability to resize text. It sounds daft, but there are a lot of people for whom books are otherwise inaccessible, and there are times when my eyes are sore that the large text size has been a godsend. After all, it means that their books are magically available in large-print.

I wonder, if appropriate, it is worth indicating if you went and bought a different electronic book (from a competing publisher, hopefully). Some might read it and think that you are just going to crack and buy their book, rather than a concrete sale that was lost.

I'm developing an image in my mind best summed up as "Dear (ostridge-like) publisher, I know it looks as if we are trying to strangle you, but we are in fact trying to pull your head out of the sand and point out the heard that is stampeding in your direction..." Not something we would put in the letter!

Once again, congratulations on an excellent and positive suggestion.
Text size seems more a property of the reader or possibly the format than the ebook, IMHO.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote