View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Bulk Convert Messes up Authors

Hello all. I've been using this site for sometime on things regarding my PRS-505 and calibre. After finally giving calibre a good try, I decided to convert some manga. I add all the manga files in CBZ format and it reads them and picks up the author (chapter title) correctly. However, when I bulk convert them, the authors are always one out of place.

For example.

Volume 1 - Chapter 1 (Book A)
Volume 1 - Chapter 2 (Book B)
Volume 1 - Chapter 3 (Book C)

Thats how it shows in calibre when added. The Title is Volume 1 - Chapter # and author is in ( ). However, when converted and put on the reader, it comes out like this.

Volume 1 - Chapter 1 (Unknown)
Volume 1 - Chapter 2 (Book A)
Volume 1 - Chapter 3 (Book B)

I'm going to try individual conversions but with over 1000 different chapters, it'll take awhile that way.

Any ideas?

EDIT
I am using the GUI btw.

EDIT2
I have tried selecting the multiple books then hitting convert. It then pops up each individual book and I have to click OK through them. This caused the author area to appear correctly once it finished. It's not exactly the most convenient but it is a way until it gets looked at.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-11-2008 at 09:45 AM.
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote