View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janephew91 View Post
I'm trying to add a cover image to an epub using Calibre. I have tried the two different options of "No SVG cover" and "Preserve Aspect Ratio" both options once the conversion to EPUB is complete the first page of the file is blank when I open it in ADE.

I also tried resaving the jpeg file and converted again, still a blank page.
What OS are you using?
What version of calibre are you using?
What are you converting from?
What are you converting to?
What exactly are the steps you're doing?

Leaving all epub output options blank and converting the file to ePub will embed the cover seen in calibre into the book every time. You literally can't avoid it.

When you try to convert the book and the conversion dialog pops up go to epub output options there and clear out the settings like the attached image. Otherwise it will keep using the initial options you tried. Changing the main conversions options will not change the saved conversion settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub output options.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	101185  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-13-2013 at 02:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote