View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #33
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I posted this at Amazon board and I reposted here for reference:

Battery life does not include the time when the device goes to sleep.

I. Battery life: 13 hours 32 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 24 (Full blast)
2. Wireless: OFF (Airplane mode)
3. Refresh at every page: OFF
4. I use the dictionary a lot. If I don't use the dictionary, my battery life might be longer.

Most people read less than 13 hours per day. So, as long as you plug your Kindle before you go to bed, your Kindle should meet your reading need for the whole day, even when the LED brightness is at full blast.

II. Battery life: 47 hours 39 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 10

Amazon advertised PW battery life with LED level 10, wireless off is 8 weeks, half an hour per day which amounts to 28 hours. So, 47 hours and 40 minutes exceeds all expectations.

III. Battery life: 49 hours 35 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 0 (lowest level)

Between LED level 10 and 0, battery life is only about 2 hours longer but keep in mind that at more than 49 hours, battery life is still significantly longer than that of Kindle Touch advertised at 2 months, half an hour per day which amounts to 30 hours.

IV. The time it takes to charge the battery: 3 hours and 20 minutes. The device is completely turned off when the battery is charged.

Note that these were battery life before upgrading to latest patch 5.3.1. Battery life might change after you upgrade.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote