View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #95
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have it all figured out now. I can extract u-boots and kernels from backup images. I can flash them with uboot (except for mmcblk0p1 -- main system partition, which is too big for fastboot). After flashing diags, I can boot to it and install my data.tar.gz payload, and a copy of mmcblk0p1.img, and a RUNME.sh that uses dd to restore the main boot partition from the image. That last step did not complete for me because my battery was too discharged, but I know it will work. It did for dasmoover when I helped him recover his touch (after he recharged his battery when his kindle died restoring mmcblk0p1 like mine just did). So now to recharge, then to finish the restore.

Read more here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1983414

Update: It completed. I took about 30 minutes to finish copying mmcblk0p1 with bs=1024...
It all works now, but I had to crack dasmoovers root password from his image file. ;-)
And after booting to main, it is sitting at the factory screen telling where the touch zones are...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2012 at 02:17 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote