View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
I think it is the same. Anyway, it seems to have worked -- at least I've got it running again. I report if I still have problems with bookmarks and freezing, and I'll stay in FBreader since that seems to be the preferred one. I want to see if I can actually read a whole book with it now without having problems.
If you're running 14.2 you shouldn't be getting freezes at all.
I went three months straight without one.
(Then I switched to 15.1 and got one booting up. Its stabilized a bit since then.)

Just wondering:
1- You did charge the thing overnight when you first got it, right?
2- Do you have way over 200 truetype fonts installed? (closer to 500?)

Cause unless you live downwind of a supernova 14.2 shouldn't be freezing at the OS level.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote