Thread: Need Some Help.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I just want my files to open up in both Calibre and Sigil the same way. I guess UTF-8? Really I have no idea regarding character sets. How can I have these files do that without messing with the meta tag and the character sets each time?
You will have to mess with the meta tags, since there's no other way to fix this problem other than by hand.

Extract the epub file with a ZIP unarchiver, open each XHTML file and delete the meta tag. Then zip everything back up and open it in Sigil, then resave.

Done.

Shouldn't take you more than a minute.

There's nothing I or anyone else can do, the epub files are faulty. If you bought them from a store, feel free to complain to them about the quality of their files.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote