Thread: Need Some Help.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I responded to your issue. Your specifying two different character sets for your XHTML files, so any application can load it in one of the two ways. Calibre loads it looking at the XML declaration, Sigil and Firefox load it looking at the meta tag.

All of the applications are correct, since your saying both encodings apply (which is impossible).

Remove the meta tags, since your file is in UTF-8. Or at least change the meta tag to say UTF-8 too.
Ok I am following what you are saying but definitely not understanding it.

How do I specify only one character set for my XHTML files by default on my computer? Obviously I don't want two lol since its causing me this problem. I am unsure how this problem even happened. Since I don't know anything about character sets. How could I of possible of changed them. But obviously I did since I wasn't always having this problem.

I don't know how to remove the meta tags much less change the meta tag to say UTF-8. But if I did doesn't that mean I have to go through all 300+ of my epubs and do this? And then do I have to do this for each epub I buy?

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote