Thread: Need Some Help.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Need Some Help.

Not sure what I have done or even if I did something. But lately quite a few ebooks that I edit with Sigil create really odd characters. Now I understand some are soft hypens which cause this problem but the problem I am having is different.

I have an ebook in epub format which I have added to Calibre. When I bring up the ebook viewer all the text is absolutely fine. So I then open it up in Sigil (oh 2.0b3) and make my changes. Once I save it in Sigil I then have a bunch of weird characters (not the question mark) in the Calibre viewer.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong or if something changed with the recent Sigil updates. But this has been happening frequently since the updates. And I have no idea how to fix it. I don't even see within Sigil how I would fix it.

Any suggestions?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote