Thread: Worst Book
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #72
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The 10-volume "Invasion Earth" was dire. But I don't think Hubbard wrote it (or at least, very little of it).
Well I think it depends on how old you were when you read it. I read the 10-volume "Invasion Earth" series when I was 11 or 12 years old and thought it was great. I still remmeber it as being great but I haven't read it since.

I've noted that whether a book is good or bad, assuming that it isn't riddled with spelling and grammar errors which are another issue, often depends on your age and mental state/development when you read the book.

I agree that some books transcend the ages in terms of greatness -- To Kill a Mockingbird, Elmer Gantry, and The Thin Man, to name three examples -- but I don't find that to be true of "bad books". Bad books come and go as I grow older, more experienced, and more selective.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote