View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #24
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrioth View Post
Thanks for the information and for your time working on this. I assume the functionality will be implemented as a plugin? It would be nice to see a command-line interface or some sort of library so someone can write another interface if they want to.
Hi

It will be part of the stock Calibre driver. Its features should include:
  • Manual Management of the device reading list
  • Update on send - New books get added to the reading list if they have the "I'm Reading" tag
  • Automatic Management - Calibre will overwrite the device's "I'm Reading" list with all books that are tagged with "I'm Reading" in the Library (obviously it only occurs if the book is on the device)

Apparently much of Calibre can be used from the command line but I have never looked into it.

A simple command-line script to clear the reading list would be fairly easy in theory but calibre looks after a lot of the complexities like which directory the device is mounted as etc. Anyone is welcome to use my code (once it is released) under the terms of the GPL but my time is pretty limited.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote