View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 AM   #25
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How do you mean? Reading is reading. Of course there are some types of reading that are much better suited to eInk devices (eg novels) than others (such as coffee-table art books).
On this site, it is not at all uncommon to encounter the idea that ebook device criticism amounts to a dislike of reading, and that wanting an LCD or superior technology to low-contrast, low-resolution monochrome e-ink indicates that the person is not a "reader" and doesn't "read", since e-ink is for "readers" while LCDs or other formats are not.

Most of what I used to read was technical or academic in nature, and not simply for display. I considered myself a pretty big reader, but all my novel stuff was done in a library for free, since I considered it pretty disposable and unimportant beyond the cultural ideology side of things. Only this past year when I picked up my Sony did I start to read fiction and novels for pleasure, since the Sony and e-ink devices in general don't really do anything else well enough. Of course, by admitting that, I've been pinned as many things from a technophobic luddite and traditionalist to an uncultured and unrefined TV addict who can't handle reading.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote