View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #412
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Do you know any other reflower there, inbuilt or standalone application, that reflows pdf images ?

If for example our pdf is ocr-ed image we can use some reflower but for ocr layer only, not original image, so if our pdf contains a lot of formulas, scientific expressions, odd scripts etc. there will be a lot of ocr errors, but not with k2pdfopt which produces exact copy of pdf imager..
Save me the defensive anger and just tell me that it reflows non ocr images. I am not supposed to know everything the software does that's why I posed a question. And if you are aware of any other program that does it be my guest and mention it.

It can reflow an image too, ok, I get this, but it doesn't use ocr so it just chops up the image and reflows it thus. That's something that sounds pretty cool. I think amazon's pdf to kindle does something similar, although it's not always effective, and the ocr might always kick in.

My main qualm with similar converters and implementations is for the software to be able to figure out what it can effectively do and what not. So for example if it can ocr a formula correctly, that is without seriously messing it up, that it should go ahead and ocr it, but if it can tell that the end result is a mess, it should just crop/resize/split the image instead and leave anything it can't deal with as image. That's the problem I get with most of my technical books. Formulas and tables get screwed over.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote